Friday, March 4, 2011

Project Life pages


 For those of you who are already doing Project Life you know that Becky Higgins has 2 sets of Project Life Page Projectors.  Design A are the page protectors that come with the kit although they are available seperately as well.  Design A has 4-4 x 6 horizontal pockets and 4 - 3 x 4 vertical pockets.  The 3 x 4 pockets were intended for journaling cards that come with the kit but I use them for photos as well.  Its easy to trim a 4 x6 at the top or bottom about 1/8" and the cut in half!  I like the look of photos in these pockets.  Design B has 3 - 4 x 6 vertical pockets and 6 - 3 x 4 pockets (horizontal alignment).  I'm mostly using Design A in my 2011 album as I didn't need other sizes/configurations.  This is because I was orienting my photos as I was taking them to fit in the pockets of Design A.  However, when I got the second Project Life Kit I had the problem of photos and memorabilia that did not work in Design A so that's when I started looking around for other page protectors.  In the top photo I have a Close To My Heart 12 x 12 page protector which I use for the layouts I'm adding.  Then there is a 8 x 1/2, 8 x 8 and 6 x 12 page protectors that I'm using for photos, layouts and memorabilia. 
The second photo shows two types of We R Memory Keeper page protectors.  The one on the left is their multi-pack.  I highly recommend this one particularly when you are first trying to decide what you may need.  I feel it gives me a lot of flexibility and allows me to create in a way I could not in a traditional album.  The pack on the left is great when I have  1-2 vertical 4 x 6 photos.  There are a variety of other packs - if interested in these check out Memory Works or contact me as I am a Memory Works consultant.  Next post I'll show you two other items I'm using in my Project Life albums that allow you to add more than one photo or journaling card to a space!

1 comment:

  1. I just started this approach and am loving the variety of page protectors to break up the albums. I will check out the memory works brand...hadn't seen that one in my search.

    ReplyDelete