Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Journal Your Christmas 2013

 This last week I put aside my 30 Days of Thankful project to begin preparing my album for Journal Your Christmas.
I started with a basic Simple Stories album and painted the brown chipboard part black.  I just used an acrylic paint from Michaels.  
I then use Martha Stewart's silver glitter paint to cover the front of the album .  Let that dry I started on the divider pages.  


I haven't quite figured out how I'm breaking out the topics. 
I'm thinking preparation, every-day and Christmas day but that could change as I go on.  I've also considered a memories section but I'm not sure if I'll have a lot of time to work on that.  As you can see from the photo above the divider pages began to curl but they flattened out as they dried.  
I've done December Daily for the last 2 years and decided to use Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas this year.  With December Daily I felt like I was forcing my story into someone else's formula so I'm hoping this feels more authentic.  I hope too that I have time to build it on a daily basis.  I liked having the album ready by December 1st with December Daily but it did not leave room for changes in plans, life getting busy, etc.  
I'm looking to have less filler and more content.  
Do you have any plans for documenting your Christmas?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not doing JYC or DD this year, but I am planning to do something simple with the BPC December Duos class and I'm documenting any Christmas activities on my blog.

    ReplyDelete