Sunday, June 20, 2010

Inside Pages -Generation Grunge album

I have to apologize for not posting these sooner for anyone that was waiting to see the inside pages of the album.  Blogger has made some changes and so instead of posting these I was playing around trying to make some improvements to this blog (unsuccessfully, I might add!).  I'm giving it a rest and will try again another day.  Then I've been spending my time outdoors while the weather is nice!  Summer is my time to visit my favorite places.
So on to the pages of the book.  First off, I'd like to let you know that this Grungebook is no longer available.  I love the curved lines of it.  Tim has new books coming out later this summer that will be basic shapes that you will be able to cut after you adhere your paper to the pages so that there will be less steps (and work!) to the project.  I think that's a great idea because that was the most time consuming part of this project to trim the paper edges to match the pages.  Also somewhat fustrating trying to get a nice looking edge.  The papers used are from Tim Holtz's Lost & Found paper pack.  One of the neat things I learned from Tim about his paper packs (enabler alert) is that they are made for a variety of projects.  This is kind of hard to explain without seeing the paper itself but as you flip through the pack and look closely you will see that you can different pages down for different size projects including inchies!  So once the paper was adhered to the pages and trimmed they were then distressed.  Next post will have close-ups of the grunge hinges.

No comments:

Post a Comment