Wednesday, March 28, 2012

 As you might remember I am taking May Flaum's BPC class The Curious Scrapbooker's Field Guide.  I am loving her class and having a lot of fun trying all the different techniques and products.  On the 2 tags shown here I'm using molding paste for the first time.  The top tag is for one of my grandson, Owen's, layouts.  I used so many different products I can't remember them all or what colors I used.  I used an alphabet stencil that I've had for a very long time and applied the molding paste covering the openings fairly thick.  I had already covered the tag with molding paste and left it thicker along the edges.  It started out more blue but I felt it was too light and then it ended up purplish blue.  I wish I had stopped when the outside of the letters still had the white of the molding paste still showing - there was a lot of contrast and I think the letters stood out more.  I added the metal piece - its actually a snap - I had to use my Crop A Dile to make a hole large enough for it.  I think I'm going to go back and use May's directions to color this as well.
For the "Believe" tag I used The Crafter's Workshop template (Harlequin) to create the first layer.  I used both Distress Ink and acrylic paint on this.  I also used Stickles to give it a little sparkle. Tomorrow is the beginning of Week 8 (of 12 weeks) so I can't wait to see what else May has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment