Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Art of Observation Week 6 Memory Files

 For this week's assignment I tried using one of Heidi Swapp's Memory Files from her Color Magic Collection.  It starts out mostly white with just a design (in this case a shell/scallop design).  For the front I used a mist from my LSS and for the back I used a Mr. Huey mist.  I used the Mr. Huey mist on the inside as well as it is only white (no design).  If you try the Color Magic Memory Files you'll definitely want to watch a video to see how Heidi does this.  My red did not turn out as vibrant as I had hoped.  Heidi told me I needed to do more layers of red.  Which is what I did with the black but boy that was messy!


It was difficult to make sure that the black didn't end up on the red and vice versa.  I'm sure it gets easier with practice.  Here is a link to Heidi's collection
http://store.scrapbook.com/products/heidi%20swapp%20memory%20files.html?gclid=CNnKnbDBl7ACFQtThwodciiT0w
And here is a link to a YouTube video of Heidi showing how to mist the Color Magic Collection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hmAeMuo8tE&feature=BFa&list=PLE93CBE4DEA0D7B80


The theme for this week if you can't already tell was "love" so I'll be using this Memory File for all the things I love on our trip to see my oldest son and DIL in California.  I like that I'll have the two little paper bags to hold memorabilia in and the "openable" to add journaling to.  I recovered the openable with leftover paper from one of the hearts so it matched.  In the future I'll just make my own little book.

No comments:

Post a Comment