Monday, January 7, 2013

One Little Word - January 2013


Here's a look at how my One Little Word (OLW) pages are shaping up for January.  I mostly stuck to Ali Edwards' instructions for the prompt.  All the materials I've used I had on on hand.  They include:
Close To My Heart's My Acrylix stamp set "Atomic Caps" for the word "SEEK" on each of the cards.  I had some trouble figuring out how to include the other words on the cards since mine were much longer words than Ali's 3-4 letter words.  I used Creative Memories Mini Alphabet stickers that I've had forever and changed up the colors to match the kraft cardstock and the Cranberry ink (from Close To My Heart) on the word "SEEK".  The washi tape is some I got in a SMASH pack.  I had some problems with that as it did not want to stick very well on the cardstock.  I've heard that's a problem with washi tape.  I used Close To My Heart ink "White Daisy" for the months on the kraft cardstock. For the months I used Close To My Heart's Nov. 2012 Stamp of the Month "Capture the Date".  My color scheme developed from the kraft cardstock and the washi tape I had on hand and built from there with other materials in my stash.  That's how its worked in the last 2 years as well.  Other than the page protectors and album I've never bought anything specifically for OLW.
For the print paper I had DCWV's Tradewinds Matstack tucked away.  It was another purchase made just because I like the look of it.  I do have to say though that I don't have a lot of print paper on hand so my choices were limited.  Even so this paper really spoke to me.  I originally had pulled some of Tim Holtz's papers out for this but once I saw these there was no question this was the right one.
While this isn't finished yet I'm going to set it aside for the week and revisit this next weekend.  In the meantime I need to find or take a photo of myself (never one of my favorite activities).  I want to sit with my word for a few days.  I'll probably add more thoughts to my month cards.  I'll be looking through my stash more - I think I have a key somewhere I'd like to add to the one print card.  I'm not a fan of butterflies or birds just because they are everywhere(...gasp...I know its such a big trend...but up to this point butterflies/birds just haven't done anything for me) so I don't think I have any of those but I'll check to be sure. They certainly would work symbolically for my word "SEEK"
So that's it for now....Are you doing One Little Word or a variation of it for 2013?  Please share....

No comments:

Post a Comment