Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

 2011 is here and I'm starting Project Life with Becky Higgins and Big Picture Classes.  Project Life has evolved from  Project 365.  Project Life has more flexibility for those who can't do a photo a day, want to do a themed album or is combining it with other projects.  The class itself is free so if you want to use your own supplies it doesn't cost anything.  The kit can be ordered through Amazon.com  There is a link on Big Picture Classrom to the kit.  So at left is the album (12x12).  This is the turquoise version.  It comes with pretty much everything you need although again you can change it by not using certain elements and/or adding your own supplies/touch.  The 12 x 12 papers at the far left do not have a specific function but can be used any way you want.  I have the inside pages set up part way but do not want to add the rest of the elements until I see if I end up doing a photo a day or not.  Because of our work schedules being opposite of each other we tend to do a lot together every other weekend so I may be doing photos of the week.  I've had a lot of ideas so maybe it will still end up as a photo a day.  I'm not going to get too hung up or stressed about but just let it flow naturally.  The boxes hold journal cards, number and day sticker sheets, a date stamper, decorative cards and more.  The bottom 2 pictures are of my craft room which I've shown before but I've made some changes.  The table that my Cricut & Gypsy is on is now a longer table and its also holding my Cuttlebug, embossing folders and dies.
I've added a table (at the left) to hold my Project Life album and supplies.  I think, and I've now heard others feel this way too, that leaving the album out in plain sight will help me stay current with the project!  The 3 table put together against the wall now are designated for their own projects - one being my "Tim Holtz" table (the red box is holding inkpads and other Tim Holtz products), one table for my sons' scrapbooks that I really need to finish since they are all grown-up and married (!) and the other table for now is just for general use but will probably be for my One Word project with Ali Edwards (also at Big Picture Classroom) - more about that next week.  So I spent part of today re-organizing and cleaning it up (I should have taken a before picture).  We also were putting away our Christmas tree stuff and decorations so its nice to have the house mostly back together. 

So if you think you'd like to do Project Life, go to BigPictureClasses.com and register. 

No comments:

Post a Comment