Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Projects

Cover
Here is one of the items that I was working on this weekend. Its a Tattered Angels Glimmer Kit (Frosty Memories)  that I got a couple years ago at CKC-Buffalo. I finally got a craft mat so I was able to spray away!  The kit came with 3 bottles of Glimmer Mist - 2 different shades of blue and one of Cocoa.  This type of project I found takes quite awhile to spray each of the pages, let them dry and move to the next set.  You have to remember to cover any area of the book that you don't want to get sprayed each time you spray.  Another problem was that the Glimmer Mist had settled in the bottom of 2 of the bottles from sitting for so long so I don't think I got the depth of color/shimmer that I would have had the bottles been new.  Note to self:  don't buy things til you're ready to make/use!  On the cover above I used the Glimmer Screen snowflake stencil and both shades of blue.  You'll see on future posts of other pages of the book that I ended up using Tim Holtz Distress Inks to deepen the color as I found the 2 shades of blue too light for my taste.  I then used a jelly roll pen to outline the snowflake for a little sparkle. 
Page 1 and 2
On page 1 I used a Tim Holtz snowman stencil and I stamped the snowflake image with a Close To My Heart stamp and a Pearl Paint Dabber.  The kit comes with "calling cards" and I placed one on page 2.  It's title Snowday Checklist.  I thought this would make the book good for some winter fun photos, memorabilia and journaling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment