Monday, January 31, 2011

Illuminate

One Little Word Blog Hop February 1, 2011

 
Here is the entire list of bloggers for this blog hop. Start at the top and check each one out. Some of the blogs may be offering prizes. Please scroll down to see my January pages for One Little Word and how & why I chose illuminate for my 2011 word.











“A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life.”                                                                                                                               Ali Edwards

This is my first year doing One Little Word.  After reading Ali’s description of the year-long project I thought this would be better than New Year’s resolutions and probably more effective.  My word is illuminate and it chose me.  I had a list of about 50 words that I thought of over several days and illuminate was not on it.  But illuminate kept coming back to me.  There were several areas in my life that were either changing, confusing or troublesome that I really want to find answers to and ideas for.   I want to illuminate these areas to gain clarity and knowledge.  I want to throw a light onto these areas and to focus on them throughout the year. I want to resolve them over time with real and genuine solutions and understanding.

In January our assignment was to choose a word, learn about it and begin to live with it.  Its amazing how quickly your word begins popping up into your life.  As I began doing research into my word, websites, blogs, music, books all became sources of new knowledge and information for me. I began to clarify and further identify what I was searching for with this word. Going into February I have actions outlined for 4 of the 6 areas I want to illuminate this year.

Please leave a comment and/or sign up to follow my blog.  I'll be posting more of my January pages tomorrow along with a supply list.  I will also be doing some blog candy (prizes) in the future if I get 10 or more followers.   Please head to Miranda's blog http://mirandasscrapsite.blogspot.com/ which is next on the list. Thanks for stopping by!
                                                                                         Lynn

27 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are finding clarity because of your word. That is so awesome. Thanks for joining us in the blog hop. I love all of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that for some of us the word found us. I feel somewhat like that with my own word! Very nice post, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, I love how you said your word chose you. that is inspiring! I wanted to do Ali's One Word but was overcommitted this year... you're making me want to play along again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word this year also chose me. I think that happens for a reason. Love the photos to illustrate your word - I hope your year is very illuminating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great first image to share your word. Love how you are using it to show you the way forward too,.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the story of your word. Good luck this year! This is my 3rd year and it's going well, so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, love the story of your word - and the beautiful photos you've illustrated it with. The action plan sounds like a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My word also chose me and they are similar in what we will do with them and they with us. Mine is learn. Here's to a good year of growth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are so stunning! Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you are bringing your word into lots of areas of your life. Good luck with your journey this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent word-- so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Illuminate....hummm...requires both a letting go of whatever blocks the light and an opening of the 'eyes', both literal and figurative. Let those who have eyes, see. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your word, and your photo of all the candles is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful beginning to your OLW album. Love the candle shots as visual representations of your word.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that you incorporated pictures into your first page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those candle shots are wonderful! My word chose me, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love all the shots with the candles....you have picked the best word!! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos of the candles. I love your word. My word chose me too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely photos - my word chose me too

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the pictures with the candles. Great word and love your story of how you chose it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the pics that you have used are stunning, such a strong word to lead you through 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  22. another fine word.
    eager to see how you photo this for february's prompt.
    blessings,
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the picture of the candle "illuminating" your album!

    ReplyDelete