Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Inspiration

As I've mentioned before on the blog I love to get mail - the fun kind, not the bill kind.  So I try to participate in swaps when I have the chance.  On Creating with the Cricut FB's page I signed up to do a simple swap. The person on the list before me sends to me and I send to the person on the list after me. The items in the photo are what I got from my swap partner who had emailed me to ask what I liked and worked on.  We were to each send $25 of craft supplies to our partner.  Cindy did a great job as I do not have any of these Tim Holtz items and I did just pick up some of the Tattered Time paper packs and just love the papers!  As you can see I've already used the tissue tape (see yesterday's post - its on the bottom of the collage)  If you haven't used the tissue tape yet you need to get some - it so easy to use!  The fun thing about a swap like this is that you get things that you might not purchase yourself so it kind of forces you in new directions.  I got a bunch of fibers in a swap once and I thought I'm never going to use these but I saved them and eventually had a lot of fun using them.  These items are going to come in handy for the Composition for Collage class this month so I'm very happy about that.
For those of you in the western NY area this weekend is the Allentown Art Festival on Sat and Sun  11am-6pm in the Allentown District of Buffalo.  Here's the link http://www.allentownartfestival.com/
We're planning on going on Saturday.  Always amazing artwork and great gift items.
Summer is always full of opportunity for inspiration for your artwork.  My weekends will be full through Labor Day.  CKC-Buffalo is June 16-19 and I'll be up there for one day just to check the vendors out.  No classes or crops this year since I'm doing so many classes at BPC.  Jamestown's Secret Garden Tour is on June 18th and I'm always amazed at the things people do in their gardens - I love the ones that are like little retreats in the city.  The last weekend of the month I'm taking a class called Creating albums from altered books so I'm looking forward to that too.  Hope you're finding time for some creative field trips this summer.  Its a great way to re-energize your creative spirit!

1 comment:

  1. WOW you are going to be busy. I never thought about an art field trip. My favorite thing is just to surf the web and find amazing there. I like all the goodies you got from your swap, fun idea. The next class your taking seems cool too, how fun for you to have all this inspiration around you. I'm hoping to get out some paint soon and play.

    ReplyDelete